Application for Undergraduate Dormitory in Spring Semester 2024
The applications for undergraduate dormitory for the spring semester of 2024 are about to begin. Please take note of the following:
- Eligibility: Undergraduate students who are NOT currently residing in any of the on-campus dormitories. Applicants and both parents should have their household registry registered outside of Taipei and New Taipei City for at least two years, or registered in the following 11 districts of New Taipei City for at least two years: Sanzhi, Shimen, Jinshan, Wanli, Ruifang, Gongliao, Shuangxi, Pingxi, Pinglin, Wulai, and Shiding.
- Students who take a leave of absence are qualified to apply, but must be re-enrolled by the time they are assigned to a dormitory.
- Undergraduate students currently residing in BOT Prince House dormitories may apply. Should they be assigned a dormitory and decide to terminate their contract with Prince house early, they will be required to pay 1 month of rent for liquidated damages.
- Students currently residing in on-campus dormitories whose accommodation term ends this semester and requires further accommodation for the spring semester, should contact the Student Housing Service Division to open permissions for the online application process.
- If applicants are unable to login to the online application system due to a change in household registry, please notify the Student Housing Service Division, and contact the Undergraduate Academic Affairs Division to update your household registry information.
- When checking in at your new dormitory, please bring a household registration transcript no older than three months for verification (foreign students are not required). The transcript must include the applicant and both parents’ complete relocation history. If the transcript does not meet the eligibility requirements, you will be disqualified from accommodation.
- Application Date: 10:00 AM on Wednesday, December 13, 2023 to 5:00 PM on Wednesday, December 20, 2023. (Late applications will not be accepted.)
- Application Website: https://housing.ntu.edu.tw/waiting/index/id/1122
- Applicants meeting the following requirements may receive priority. Please upload relevant documents during the application period:
- Students with a documented disability (requires disability card)
- Low income families (requires low-income certificate issued by government); no accommodation fee but applicants still need to pay the deposit.
- Middle-low income families may be exempt from 30% of accommodation fee, please upload certificate.
- Islander students and aboriginal students (requires household registration transcript)
- Students who have reached the end of their accommodation term (student ID starting with B08, Veterinary Medicine majors starting with B07, Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy majors starting with B06) can apply for accommodation, but will be placed behind the aforementioned priority applicants and other applicants who have yet to reach the end of their term. If applicants have reached the end of their term but have yet to graduate due to double major, transferring, suspension, or teacher education program, please provide your academic transcript and other relevant documents to the application system. Such applicants will be prioritized between applicants who have yet to reach the end of their accommodation term and other delayed graduates.
- Application Results: The results of the draw and waiting list will be announced on the Student Housing Service Division’s website at 2:00 PM on Friday, December 22, 2023.
- When applying, applicants may add their preference for main-campus dormitories or downtown-campus dormitories. If you are unwilling to be accommodated to any one of these campuses, please do not add it to your preferences.
- The waiting list will be active until April 12, 2024. The progress of the waiting list may be seen on the application website.
- Those who wish to apply for Prince House dormitories, please apply at Prince House’s website https://ntudorm.prince.com.tw to join the midterm waiting list. On-campus dorms and Prince House dorms can be applied for and be put on the waiting list simultaneously and independently, but must choose one should you be accommodated to both at the same time.
- Accommodation Term: The term limit for students who enroll before 2023/2024 second semester is the normal amount of years to graduate for each department, which is calculated using the applicant’s student ID, regardless of transfer or suspension. Ex: Department of Chinese Literature has a normal length of study of 4 years, so B09 students may be accommodated until the end of the 2023/2024 second semester.
- For any inquiries, please contact Ms. Cheng. TEL: (02)3366-2264, E-mail: email@example.com.
- Transgender Students with special needs, please contact Ms. Feng. TEL: (02)3366-2266, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best Regards,Student Housing Service Division